Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Passion for Photography!

Right, a couple of weeks ago I decided that I'm very serious about my passion for photography & that I'd love nothing more than to hopefully one day do photography as a full time career.  I currently work in a 9 - 5 job doing accounts, I do love my job but it just isn't for me long term.   Even the thought of Capturing those precious Memories as a 'job' makes me realise just how happy I can be!  I'd like to share my journey with you & I suppose that's why I started this blog!

So far I've put together my first website which I hope to build on as I gain further experience, you can view it here.  It's pretty basic ATM but we've all got to start somewhere!  I already own a Canon 1000D camera which I absolutely love! I also own the 70 - 200mm lens but I hardly get chance to use it really. I've heard a lot about the 'Nifty Fifty' on the Talk Photography website so that is now high on my purchase list! I was also recommended the 5 - in 1 reflectors which arrived a couple of days ago I just haven't got round to trying them out yet.  I can see they're going to be a great asset in my kit. I have the basics to get me started & by working hard I can only get better.

 I'm going to start off shooting portraits, children & families & as I improve I'd like to get involved in weddings & events. Luckily I have a lot of family & friends to practice on, I've got a feeling they're going to be sick of me & my camera before long! :-)

I think that's given you a brief view on what I'm hoping to achieve.

Many thanks for reading,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment